Council Vacancies – Nominations Now Open
The Returning Officer invites nominations for two positions on the Council of the Queensland Branch of the Australian Medical Association.
Councillor of the Queensland Branch of the Australian Medical Association
Nominations must be in writing and signed by the nominee, and two (2) nominators. Nomination forms can be accessed here. All persons must be financial members of the Queensland Branch of the Australian Medical Association. Any two (2) ordinary members may nominate another member provided all members belong to and are registered in the same Geographical Area.
Geographical Area Representatives required - 2016-2018:
- One (1) North Area Representative Postcodes 4799-4850 inclusive;
- One (1) North Coast Area Representative Postcodes 4550-4601, 4619-4675.
Candidates for Council may submit with their Nomination Form:
- A short statement of no more than 250 words. Any words in excess will be discarded;
- A passport-sized head and shoulder photograph; and
- A brief CV of no more than 250 words. Any words in excess will be discarded.
What is required of a Councillor?
- Availability to attend Council meetings five (5) times per year and relevant AMA Queensland events/functions such as the Dinner for the Profession;
- Actively contribute to setting policy for the Association;
- Actively support membership retention and growth strategies;
- Provide a written report (template provided) for Council meetings; and
- Availability to attend and contribute to AMA Queensland Committees.
If you need to make changes to your geographical area in the register of members for the purpose of the election this must be done by 5pm Thursday 8 September 2016. Return completed nomination forms by 5pm Friday 9 September 2016 to the Returning Officer.
Nominations close 5pm Friday 9 September 2016
- 79.8 kB