Workplace Relations Training
Member Services Workplace Relations staff regularly provide members with detailed training sessions on a wide range of topics, including:
- Awards and Award rates
- Communication and dispute resolution
- Counselling, discipline and termination processes - Queensland system of industrial relations
- Counselling, discipline and termination processes - Federal system of industrial relations
- Dealing with difficult patients
- Handling patient complaints
- HR polices and procedures
- Medico-legal issues facing medical practice
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Performance management and reward systems
- Privacy – the legislation and it’s practical application
- Recruitment and selection techniques
- Time and wages record keeping requirements in the Queensland system
- Time and wages record keeping requirements in the Federal system
- Theft and fraud detection in medical practice
- Workplace bullying
- Workplace health and safety
Groups of practitioners and their staff, Local Medical Associations, divisions of general practice, colleges, and other relevant associations can arrange training sessions on any of the above topics.
New modules are continually being developed and a combination can be tailored to suit your training needs. In addition, the Workplace Relations department staff can attend your practice to provide custom training for staff.
To view dates on our upcoming Workplace Relations Training/Private Practice Series, please refer to our events calendar.