As a member of AMA Queensland, we provide representation across a range of specialisations and offer a comprehensive range of services designed to support you in practice.
We provide effective representation on issues relating to the practice of specialist medicine. Through consultation with members and government, AMA Queensland aims to ensure better outcomes for specialists, their patients and the profession.
Workplace relations support
- Access to experienced industrial practitioners from our Workplace Relations Department to seek advice on issues relating to practice and staff management, privacy, Workplace Health and Safety and wages
- Specialised advice on the terms and conditions of public hospital employment
- Assistance with workplace problems and grievances. Our expert industrial relations staff can represent you in formal Queensland Health investigations and before the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission and the Office of Public Service Commission
- Discounted member rates to purchase AMA Queensland's three invaluable practice resource manuals
Publications and resources
- Preferential member Listing on the Doctorportal directory and website: http://www.doctorportal.com.au/
- A complimentary copy of the Annual List of Medical Services and Fees publication from the AMA
- Free subscription to the Medical Journal of Australia (monthly), Doctor Q magazine (bi-monthly), and Australian Medicine (fortnightly) and GP Network News (fortnightly)
Events and training
- The annual AMA Queensland Private Practice Conference, offering sessions designed for those new to practice and those seeking to expand their knowledge of running a private practice
- The AMA Queensland Medico-Legal Conference, providing the latest case updates and advice on medico-legal and regulatory issues
- A range of free member events and networking opportunities developed in consultation with AMA Queensland Committees and Corporate Partners
- Workplace Relations Training delivered through-out Queensland
- Through our Corporate Partners, AMA Queensland offers a range of excellent commercial benefits and discounts to support you professionally and personally – from legal and accounting services, insurance, banking and finance to travel and cars - click here for further information.
Interested in hearing more about how membership can support you in practice? Call our Membership team on (07) 3872 2222 or join online