Residents and Registrars
AMA Queensland is committed to ensuring the future career pathways for RMOís with appropriate support and clinical training. With budget cutbacks and increased competition for places, effective representation is essential.
Through the AMA Queensland Council of Doctors in Training (AMAQ CDT), we advocate collectively on the critical issues affecting Doctors in Training and including:
- Medical workforce shortages. We support a co-ordinated and planned increase in clinical training places for medical students and postgraduate training places for medical graduates
- Placements, funding arrangements and the number of postgraduate training places at prevocational and vocational (specialist) level
- Appropriate rostering arrangements and payment for all hours worked.
AMA Queensland employs experienced Workplace Relations advisors to assist members on training, assessment and education issues. We provide practical workplace information and dedicated dispute resolution assistance to support you with:
- Policy or assessment issues that arise at your college or hospital
- Advice regarding typical concerns including on-call, fatigue and other rostering issues
Membership of AMA Queensland grants you automatic representation by our union partner, the Australian Salaried Medical Officers Federation of Queensland. ASMOFQ provides personalised advice on your individual industrial matters, work entitlements and grievances. Their involvement was also crucial to securing the latest Medical Officers Certified Agreement (MOCA 4) for salaried doctors.
AMA Queensland offers a range of services and seminars to assist you with career development:
- Resume writing and interview skills workshops to help you gain the competitive edge in your career
- Mentoring and networking events to connect junior and senior doctors
- Our Careers Advisory Service offering resume and cover letter review, interview coaching and a wealth of career resources and information.
Through our Corporate Partners, AMA Queensland offers a range of excellent commercial benefits and discounts to support you professionally and personally – from legal and accounting services, banking and finance to travel and cars click here for further information.
Interested in hearing more about how membership can support you? Call our Membership team on (07) 3872 2222 or join online
- 612 kB