GP members of AMA Queensland receive expert representation and a range of services and commercial benefits specifically designed to support doctors in general practice.
Trusted representation on the key issues impacting upon general practitioners through the The AMA Queensland Council of General Practice provides critical representation for GP’s on important issues at a state and federal level. The AMA Council of General Practice advocates for GP members nationally on issues of policy. Federally, the AMA Council of General Practice advocates for GP members nationally on issues of policy.
Workplace Relations support
- Access to experienced industrial practitioners from our Workplace Relations Department who provide advice on practice issues, staff management, privacy, Workplace Health and Safety and wages
- A comprehensive range of fact sheets on entitlements such as annual leave, sick leave, superannuation and long service leave
- Discounted member rates on the purchase of AMA Queensland's three invaluable practice resource manuals
Resources and publications
- Preferential member Listing on the Doctorportal directory and website: http://www.doctorportal.com.au/
- A complimentary copy of the Annual List of Medical Services and Fees publication from the AMA
- Free subscription to the Medical Journal of Australia (monthly), Doctor Q magazine (bi-monthly), and Australian Medicine (fortnightly) and GP Network News (fortnightly)
Events and training
- The annual AMA Queensland Private Practice Conference, offering sessions designed for those new to practice and those seeking to expand their knowledge of running a private practice
- The AMA Queensland Medico-Legal Conference, providing the latest case updates and advice on medico-legal and regulatory issues
- A range of free member events and networking opportunities developed in consultation with AMA Queensland Committees and Corporate Partners
- Workplace Relations Training delivered through-out Queensland
- Through carefully selected corporate partners, AMA Queensland offers a range of excellent commercial benefits and discounts for your benefit professionally and personally – from legal and accounting services, insurance, banking and finance to travel and cars - click here for further information.
Looking for more information on how AMA Queensland looks after GPs? Contact our membership team on (07) 3872 2222 or join online
Protect General Practice
The AMA national campaign Protect General Practice aims to protect and promote the interests of GPs and their patients in the health reform debate.