Private Practice and Medico-Legal Conference
|Date:||Friday 6th Oct 2017 - Saturday 7th October 2017|
|Location:||Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, South Brisbane|
|Cost:||Discounted member early-bird fees will be published when the full program is released.|
|CPD:||*Category 2 RACGP CPD Points have been applied for *AAPM points have also been applied for to support the professional development of practice support staff|
The Private Practice and Medico-Legal Conference will focus on future-proofing your practice. From e-health, to passing accreditation, exploring new income streams for private practice, digital marketing and managing emerging risks in practice, we have you covered.
The Friday program is designed for medical practitioners and practice support staff with a choice of two concurrent streams available for those who are new to practice, versus those who wish to develop and improve upon their existing practice procedures, technology and income.
The Saturday program will appeal to both medical practitioners and practice support staff, and you can choose between practice management and/or medico-legal streams.
- The importance of practice culture - What I have seen, learned and what we can do better.
- Passing the accreditation process for general practitioners and specialists – what you need to know.
- Practice incentive payments – what other streams of income are available for you to access?
- Out of pocket costs and what’s on the horizon - the future of medical fees in private practice.
- Supplying patient records to third parties such as insurers – what are the legalities?
- HR essentials: Avoiding traps and ensuring you are compliant with Fair Work legislation.
- Legal, clinical and procedural considerations regarding the prescribing of medical marijuana for general and specialist practice
- Dr Jeannette Young, Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health;
- Dr Toby Ford, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Ford Health Group
- Dr Lily Vrtik, Plastic Surgeon
- Dr Mark Craig, Practice Principal, My Medical Best Practice
- Damien Edmonds, General Manager, Edmonds Marketing
- Dr Nigel Prior, Addiction Medicine Specialist and Psychiatrist, Wentworth Clinic;
- George Sotiris, Manager, Workplace Relations, AMA Queensland
- Katharine Philp, Partner, TressCox Lawyers
- Loryn Einstein, Managing Director, Medical Billing Experts
To register, please click on the register here button above or phone the Events Team on (07) 3872 2222.