Regional Private Practice Seminar Series One
|Date:||Thursday 20th Apr 2017 - 25th May 2017|
|Location:||See locations listed below|
|Start time:||9am - 12pm|
|Cost:||Attendance fees start at $75 | Discounts apply for group bookings|
|CPD:||15 (fifteen) AAPM CDP points approved|
As an employer, you have an obligation to provide a safe environment for anyone entering your workplace – be they practice staff, contractors or patients. Essential questions that you need to consider include:
- When was the last time I reviewed my Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) policies and procedures?
- Have I identified all the hazards in my workplace?
- What risk management or risk control processes do we have in place?
- Am I recording all near misses or injuries that occur in my workplace?
- Would I be able to demonstrate compliance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 if required?
- Do I provide regular training for all staff to educate and remind them of their WHS responsibilities and the practice’s WHS policies and procedures?
If you have queried one or more of the points above, it is likely that your workplace needs a WHS update.
Join George Sotiris, AMA Queensland’s Workplace Relations Manager for a practical three-hour workshop on Workplace Health & Safety compliance. George will step through the essential points your practice needs to consider in order to comply with WHS obligations.
Regional Private Practice Seminar Series One has been allocated 5 (five) AAPM CPD points per 1 (one) hour of education by The Australian Association of Practice Managers Ltd (AAPM).
Seminar Locations and Dates
Timing for all locations is 9am to 12pm
- Sunshine Coast – Thursday 20 April | Philips Room, PHN, Ground Floor, Mayfield House, 29 The Esplanade, Cotton Tree
- Gold Coast – Friday 21 April | Southport Sharks, Cnr Musgrave and Olsen Avenues, Southport
- Toowoomba – Friday 28 April | Empire Theatre, 56 Neil Street, Toowoomba
- Brisbane West – Tuesday 2 May | Indooroopilly Golf Club, Meiers Road, Indooroopilly
- Bayside – Wednesday 3 May | Redlands RSL, 8 Passage Street, Cleveland
- Brisbane North – Thursday 4 May | Kedron-Wavell Services Club, 21 Kittyhawk Drive, Chermside
- Brisbane South – Friday 5 May | Easts Leagues Club, 40 Main Avenue, Coorparoo
- Mackay – Tuesday 9 May | Souths Leagues Club, 181 Milton Street, Mackay
- Townsville – Wednesday 10 May | Hotel Grand Chancellor, 334 Flinders Street, Townsville City
- Cairns – Thursday 11 May | Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort, 122 Lake Street, Cairns
- Rockhampton – Tuesday 23 May | Central Queensland PHN, Level 1, 44a William Street, Rockhampton
- Bundaberg – Thursday 25 May | Bundaberg PHN, 205 Bourbong Street, Bundaberg
- Hervey Bay - Friday 26 May | St Stephen's Hospital, 1 Medical Place, Urraween