Fifth Annual Junior Doctor Conference
|Date:||Saturday 23rd Jun 2018 - Sunday 24 Jun 2018|
|Start time:||9am Saturday | 9.30am Sunday|
|End time:||4.30pm Saturday | 3.15pm Sunday|
|CPD:||Up to 9 hours CPD can be claimed for junior doctors|
|Early-bird rates:||End 20 April 2018|
Introducing an incredible line up of keynote speakers...
Dr Alessandro Demaio, Medical Officer, World Health Organisation, Geneva, Switzerland.
Dr Dan Diamond, Founder and Director of the first state-affiliated medical disaster response team, mental health expert, United States of America.
Dr Amandeep Hansra, Chief Executive Officer, Telstra Readycare, Sydney.
Prof Barry Marshall, Nobel Laureate and Honorary Clinical Professor, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Western Australia, Perth.
Dr Amanda Smith, General Practitioner and co-owner/operator of Queensland Raceways, Willowbank.
Dr Jeannette Young, Chief Health Officer and Deputy Director-General, Prevention Division, Queensland Health, Brisbane.
Dr Michael Wagels, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Princess Alexandra Hospital
Prof Stephen O’Leary, Department of Surgery (Otolaryngology), Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, East Melbourne
Back by popular demand
- Develop your emergency clinical skills with Simulympics 2 – an emergency scenario-based competition where two teams battle it out for clinical supremacy.
- Build your CV by attending our hands-on career development workshop, or deliver a short oral research or poster presentation.
- Let your hair down at JDC by night, our popular cocktail party with great company, tunes and food.
You asked in last year's feedback -
- Hear from the brightest and best leaders in medicine in a dedicated session on junior doctor leadership development.
- Explore rural and regional career pathways available to you in our regional career panel discussion.
- Attend a face-to-face radiology workshop on chest and emergency X-Ray interpretation delivered by Lightbox Radiology Education.
Discounted early-bird member rates apply
Discounted accommodation rates available
Subsidised student and doctor in training member rates available. Refer to page 6 of the JDC brochure to view discounted and affordable member rates. Registration is tax-deductible.
New intern members can use their $25 JDC dollars voucher towards their registration fees.
CPD available for Doctors in Training.
Up to 9 hours of CPD can be claimed by pre-vocational junior doctors who attend both days of the program. Doctors in Training in years 2, 3 and 4 plus can count the hours attended towards their 50 hours CPD activity requirement for 2018 as mandated by the Medical Board of Australia (this is not required of interns).
Online registrations available 22 January 2018.
To register now, click on the Register here button above or contact
AMA Queensland Events Team on (07) 3872 2222.